A study says that currently some 2 billion people use smartphones, and by 2020, this population will grow to be 4 billion. Ninety percent of the time spent by this population on their smartphones is on apps, and the remaining ten percent on the net. 79% of those people owing a smartphone have one or more retailer apps installed, while 10% of them have some six of those. People use apps to make payments, bookings, and shopping. So, it is important for businesses to reach out to these populations by bringing their store online through web and mobile commerce solutions.
E-commerce simply refers to having your store online, while m-commerce (mobile commerce) is the next generation of e-commerce, where business is carried out through apps used in smartphones.
What are the advantages of bringing your store online?
E-commerce and m-commerce solutions help you in making your business profitable by aiding-
- Faster purchases
- Better customer experience
- Direct engagement with customers
- 24*7 hours/365 days accessibility
- Promotion of business through happy customers (via reviews, ratings, testimonials, etc.)
- Assisting users in making puchases at physical stores (via providing product previews, prices, and mobile payments)
- Better data
- Boost brand awareness
- Cost reduction and productivity
- Geolocation/Store Navigation (m-commerce)
- Economic over brick and mortar expansions at different locations
- Global reach
- Rapid expansion
- Smart shopping (providing relevant content to users based on their shopping preferences)
- Targeted timing (via programmatic advertising and geotracking technology)
- Customer loyalty
- Decreased cost of inventory management
How would users benefit from shopping apps?
Online shopping through smart and trendy shopping models offers users with the convenience of shopping from wherever they are, browsing through numerous stores to make product and price comparisons, avoiding commutation expenses, shopping at any time they want, making informed purchasing decisions because of social media, faster purchasing process, tracking shipments, having products delivered at their door step, and many more.
What features should your retail app have?
Your shopping app should have a clean, neat and intuitive user-interface with a simple navigation. Other must-have features include product availability, purchase options, notifications, social media, personalization, and analytics. Addition of latest trends like predictive search, integrated payments, digital assistants, voice search, a chat, VR and AR elements, etc. would give you a competitive edge.
With mobile shopping becoming the trend, it is wise for businesses to take their store online to tap into its immense potential. Experts at TINNOVAT can come up with custom-made web and mobile commerce solutions for you. Just entrust the task to us, and be assured of the rest!